** This training course is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. **
There will be a maximum of 4 people on this course
This course will show you what it means to work at the highest level and will give you the best possible start to a new, exciting career in the coffee industry. Among other things you will be learning about the different varieties of coffee and how processing/roasting affect the flavour.
This course covers the following:
- Green coffee and the amazing journey from bean to cup. You will gain an insight into the growing, harvesting, processing and roasting of coffee and how these factors influence the taste of your brew
- Grinder calibration, enabling you to extract the best possible flavour from your coffee
- Espresso brewing techniques
- Advanced latte art
- Workflow and café layout
- Working ‘smart’, to hone pouring techniques and delivery speed and
- Alternative brewing methods- introducing the brewing equipment you may encounter on a brew bar
Courses will take place at our training centre at the following address:
Unit 22, Henfield Business Park, Shoreham Road, Henfield, West Sussex, BN5 9SL.
Please call us once you have paid for your training on 01273 491379 and we will book in a suitable date. Please note we currently do not offer barista training at weekends.